Bible.org has a global impact. In 2012 the website alone reached people from 227 countries. Fifteenth on the list of most vists came from Kenya.
In April, Bible.org is serving alongside graduates of Global Proclamation Academy (GPA) for two pastors conferences in Kenya (Eldoret and Kijabe).
Quick Facts About Kenya:
- Population: 43 million (31st most in world)
- Official Language: ENglish and Swahili
- Literacy: 87.4% age 15 and over can read and write
- Mobile Phones: 28 million (36th most in world)
- Internet Users: 4 million (59th in world)
- 520,400 refugees from Somalia; 34,800 from South Sudan; 34,000 from Ethiopia
- 82.5% Christian (33.75 million)
- 48.9% Evangelical (19.99 million)
- 92,000+ visitors came from Kenya to Bible.org website in 2012
The conferences are designed to teach and work with pastors who will take what they have learned into the world. With the presence of numerous refugees and political entities these pastors will have an important role in their country. Pray for the church and the leaders of local churches in Kenya. They will need wisdom from above to navigate these issues, serve their flock, and preach the Gospel.
Each conference will have 100 pastors in attendance. For more information and opportunities to partner financially in this endeavor please learn more.
Here are photos of pastors signing up for the conference at one of the conference locations: