Kids Camp 2014 has come and gone! Kids went crazy, counselors endured, fun was had by all and most of all - lives were changed. Here are some of my observations of kid’s camp 2014:
- Food was still pretty good - Love the bacon!
- Boys cabin was more third world country that I would prefer– Yes, we got “that cabin”!
- Boys stink & Girls were moody - Both are messy!
- Our Kids and our Counselors were the wildest in the camp – I hope we can go back!
- We always have 1-2 kids that just seem to wonder in oblivion – Destination Unknown!
- We always have 1-2 kids that are the “Rebels” in the group – Jesus loves Rebels too!
- We always have 1-2 kids that are utterly dramatic – enough said!
- Silly String and Water Balloons are not allowed at camp – We were not good rule followers!
- It takes a long time to clean up silly string and broken balloon parts – I’m just saying!
- Pranking was only done by the kids – NOT!
- There was an unusual # of grasshoppers in the girl’s cabins – Not sure how they got there?
- Keith Coast is one of the most talented kid and family evangelist around – Funny to the bone!
- Peter Nestler can Jump baby! – He makes jumping rope extremely cool!
- I cannot Wobble – Dancing is not a gift of mine…at all…really…not even a little!
The Best Observations:
- Jesus was with us every second of the day – I felt him there and he had fun too!
- Many kids made decisions to trust Jesus as their Savior – The real meaning of camp!
- Many lives were changed – both kids and counselors!
- The Holy Spirit was alive and well in the lives of the people who ran the camp – Beautiful!
- God was praised, His Word was taught clearly and He was the focus – even more Beautiful!
For those who sent their kids – thank you for letting us be with your kids. For those who were counselors – thank you for giving up your time and pouring your lives into these children. They all belong to God and they needed you as much as you needed them!
Can’t wait until next year!