The Dark Archangel - Satan - knew that none born of the DNA in the seed (i.e., sperm) of man could defeat him since Adam's sin had tainted the genetic code of man. Consequently, all born of the DNA of man (male and female babies) would be under his influence from birth and belong to him when they willfully disobeyed God (i.e., they sinned). Nevertheless, God had said that it would be one born of the DNA in the seed (i.e., egg) of a woman that would break his rule over planet Earth! (Genesis 3:15) Satan then launched an evil plan to taint the DNA of all woman so that there would be none to birth into the Earth the one that would defeat him!
4000 B.C - 30 A.D. (approximately 4,000 Earth years or 4 Heaven Days, 2 Peter 3:8)
Satan's plan was to have fallen angels mate with human females and produce offspring with tainted DNA (Genesis 6:1-5). Therefore, no woman's egg would have pure DNA from which the one that was to break his rule over planet Earth could be conceived! Giants (i.e., Nephilim) were born of this unholy union, and the small population of Earth was being overtaken with these mutants (Genesis 6:6,7). However, this plan was stopped by God when He saved genetically pure humans and animals in the Ark of Noah and destroyed the polluted species of man (Genesis 6:8-22). The fallen angels that participated in this attempt to thwart the one to break Satan's rule were thrown into a chamber in Hades called Tartarus (2 Peter 2:4,5. Jude 1:6,7). Hades is the overall name given to the spiritual place in the heart of the Earth that contains Hell, Tartarus, and Paradise (at this time in history).
Recall, upon the fall of man God immediately starting making covenants, sealed in the blood of animals, to cover or protect man. Before his fall man was covered or protected with light as a garment (i.e., covered with the Glory of God) (Psalms 104:2.1 John 1:5). This practice of covering of our sin by blood was started when the first animals were killed for their clothing (Genesis 3:21), and we see this practiced by Abel (1) in offering animal sacrifices (Genesis 4:4). Later a blood covenant was made with Abraham so that God would have the legal right to ask a woman that was of Israel to become pregnant with the one that was to break the rule of Satan (Genesis 12:7.Genesis 22:18. Galatians 3:16.John 10:2). Once Satan knew that the one promised to destroy him was to be born of the nation of Israel he tried unsuccessfully to eliminate Israel time and time, again. However, God always preserves a remnant of those faithful to Him (Isaiah 1:9.Ezekiel 6:8).
God then started describing (1) the one that was to break Satan's rule of planet Earth:
He would come from the Tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10). He would be born of a human female (virgin) thus not of man's contaminated DNA; therefore, not born under Satan's authority (Isaiah 7:14.Matthew 1:23). He would be born in Bethlehem which means the city of bread - a fitting place for the bread of life to be born! (Micah 5:2.John 6:48,51). He would not only be a man but God's unique Son (Isaiah 9:6,7). He would be descendent of King David (Jeremiah 23:5). He would be a Jewish prophet like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15).
At precisely the right time (Galatians 4:4,5) the Archangel Gabriel (God's personal messenger angel) appeared to a virgin named Mary (2) to deliver a message from God - she had been selected by Him to bear His unique Son. This Son is the promised one to bring salvation to her people, and His name was to be JESUS (Jesus means God Saves and is equivalent to the Hebrew name Joshua, Luke 1:26-37). When she asked how this could physically happen, Gabriel explained that God the Holy Spirit would cause one of her eggs to supernaturally start to develop into this male child (Matthew 1:18,20). No human male DNA would be involved; consequently, this child would NOT be born in sin and NOT subject to Satan. However, His spirit would be that of the second person of the Trinity of God - the one known up until this time as the Word (John 1:1). The holy child Jesus would be eternal God, equal to God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, who has no beginning and no end that would become flesh and dwell among men - Emmanuel! (1 John 4:2). He would be both fully God and fully man; however, He had voluntarily restricted Himself from using the power and authority that was rightfully His as God (Philippians 2:5-8). The first man Adam had committed treason in the Garden of Eden thus forfeiting rule over the world to Satan; therefore, only a man could make provision for men to be set free from this covenant of death made between Adam and Satan. Jesus is the SECOND MAN born free of Satan's authority. He is the LAST ADAM meaning there will NOT be any need for another Adam to start a new race of man (1 Corinthians 15:45,47). The first Adam's transgression had brought death into the world the last Adam's sinlessness will bring eternal life to all that believe in Him (1 Corinthians 15:22.Romans 5:14.John 1:12).
Mary could have said no as God does not override the will of anyone. Nevertheless, Mary willingly accepted the task of bearing a child while still a virgin (Luke 1:38;1:46-55). By doing so, she was putting her marriage to Joseph and her very life in jeopardy (she could be stoned for being pregnant without her engagement to Joseph having been consummated in marriage)(Deuteronomy 22:23,24). Through this we see why God selected Mary - she was humble, she loved God with all her heart, she feared (i.e., deeply respected) God more than she feared what man could do to her and she was ready to serve by giving birth to Jesus, the Son of God (Deuteronomy 10:12,13). Nevertheless, she is not divine or else the angel Gabriel would have worshiped her (Psalms 148:2). Mary had fallen DNA in the cells of her body (except her eggs just like any other female) and was born under Satan's authority yet protected by living in compliance with the Covenants of Abraham and Moses. Furthermore, her blessedness was later said by Jesus to NOT consist in being selected to be His mother, but rather in believing in Him, His God-given mission and living in obedience to His words (Mark 3:31-35). The keeping of the commandments was a very important quality that God was looking for, and he found that in Mary. Jesus was to live a perfect life without sin (Hebrews 4:15); therefore, God selected a mother for His Son who would be diligent in teaching the commandments to Jesus and living them before Him (however, she was not sinless Romans 3:23). Lastly, though I admire her above all the females in the Bible and look forward to meeting her in Heaven - we are not instructed to pray to her (or to worship her) but rather God the Father in Jesus' name (John 16:23,26,27). Hear her instruction, she did not say do what she says to do but rather whatever her Son - the unique Son of God - asks you to do (John 2:5).
Jesus, the unique Son of God, was born of Mary (the bondservant (3) of the Lord, Luke 1:38) in the lowest of places - a place where animals were kept (Luke 2:7). His birth was announced by angels to those in lowest social standing - shepherds who visited Him the night of His birth (Luke 2:8-18). At this time God is in Heaven, and He is on Earth! Peace and good will towards all mankind! (Luke 2:14)
Sometime later (likely two years), wise men came to the house (not stable) where Mary, Joseph, and Jesus lived (Matthew 2:11). Unfortunately, the wise men had mentioned the reason for their coming to King Herod. That is, to find the promised Messiah based on the appearance of His star in the night sky approximately two years earlier. Satan, hearing of the birth of the one that was promised in the Garden to break his rule over planet Earth (Genesis 3:15), manipulated King Herod to order the murder of all babies born in Bethlehem two years old and younger based on the timing of the wise men (Matthew 2:16). However, an angel warned Joseph and the young family escaped to Egypt. Later they returned, and Jesus was raised as a human male child in Nazareth with Satan apparently thinking he had killed the baby that was to destroy him.
Then at the age of entering the priesthood, 30 years old (Numbers 4:3), Jesus bursts onto the scene (6) being declared to be the Lamb of God who will take away the sin of the world by John the Baptist (John 1:29,36). He is baptized in water by John and in so doing publicly accepted the mission of becoming the sacrifice for man's sin. Upon coming up from the water of Baptism God, the Holy Spirit rests upon Jesus, and God, His Father, announces to all present that Jesus is His unique Son in whom He is well pleased. (4) Jesus full of the Holy Spirit is led by the Holy Spirit into the desert where The Two Kingdoms - The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Satan - will have their first confrontation! (Luke 4:1). (5) The line of authority from God to Man has been remade. Now, the Battle for the Scroll of Authority begins...
To be continued(1)...
Links to the entire series:
(1) Left click on underlined phrase to open another article in a different tab with more explanation.
(2) English transliteration of her name from the Koine Greek is actually Mariam, not Mary.
(3) One who is willingly in a permanent relationship of service to another. The will of the servant being completely consumed in the will of the master.
(4) The water baptism was also the moment when Jesus becomes our High Priest establishing a new order of priesthood not of Aaron but like Melchizedek (and thus doing away with Aaron's Priesthood) (Hebrews 5:10). John the Baptist, who was of the order of the priesthood of Aaron officiated in the transfer of the priesthood by washing Jesus in water (i.e., baptized him) and then God the Father anointed Him with the Holy Spirit (which the oil of the Old Testament represented Leviticus 8:1-12). Jesus becomes our High Priest so that He can offer Himself as our sacrifice for sin! (Hebrews 7).
(5) Jesus is a man free from Satan's authority; therefore, He has the authority to rule on Earth that Adam originally was given. He is now empowered by God the Holy Spirit to face Satan in God the Father's strength. Again, this will not be a battle of God the creator against a fallen archangel (a creation). But rather Jesus who is both God (but voluntarily emptied of his divine power and authority as the creator God, Philippians 2:5-8) and Man (a creation) empowered by God the Holy Spirit against a fallen Archangel (a creation). That is it will be a fair fight. Realize, God could have done away with Satan from the time of the fall of man; however, in so doing He would have done away with Satan's servant race of man in the process. God so loved the world... (John 3:16).
(6) The only other view of the younger Jesus is when He was 12 years old. Jesus' parents had left Jerusalem thinking He was with some the relatives but after a day's journey realized He was not. Upon returning to Jerusalem, they found Him in the temple both learning and teaching the religious teachers of Israel! (Luke 2:42-52) This was one of the moments when Mary was reminded of things told to her when Jesus was born (Luke 2:27-32). His mission to save humanity would come not come without some cost to her as well (Luke 2:34,35). Jesus, while obeying the fifth commandment to honor His earthly father and mother (Exodus 20:12), answered to a higher authority - a higher call than just being a good son they could be proud of in their old age. This was Mary's first of several friendly reminders that He would be controlled by no one but God - not even Mary his mother would be allowed to de-rail the mission - as the mission was to set her free, too. Realize, Jesus emptied Himself of His power and authority as God to become a man (Philippians 2:6-8). He was not born with a genetic memory knowing all things in His soul (i.e., mind, will, and emotions). Yes, in His spirit He was the creator of all the universe including man. However, as the Great Shepherd leader, He became flesh and lived out a life on this fallen planet to show us the way. That is, when He messed His diaper as a baby He was NOT just faking it! Jesus came as the Second Man and Last Adam and accomplished what the First Adam was supposed to do - subdue all enemies of God (Genesis 1:28). He did it with no advantage over what the First Adam had available to him. Through studying the scriptures and mentoring by the Holy Spirit His soul learned who, what and why He was, is and ever shall be - this knowledge He already subconsciously had in His spirit. (Psalms 119:98-104.Luke 2:40) Let me go on record as saying that Jesus never stopped being the eternal God; however, He voluntarily limited Himself to being a Man submitted to God the Holy Spirit. It was God the Holy Spirit that was performing the miracles that God the Father wanted to be performed through Jesus while He was on Earth (John 14:10). This was available to the First Adam and now available to all that are in Him (John 14:12). All hail the God that became Man to save an undeserving wretch like me!!!