“Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, a descendant of David; such is my gospel” (2 Timothy 2:8).
And so we arrive at the final installment of a study looking at the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In part I and part II, I gave the following proofs or reasons why Christians believe in the literal and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ:
1. Jesus predicted his own resurrection.
2. The authors of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, as well as the Apostle Paul in his letters, provide at least five different historic sources about the events.
3. The testimony of eyewitnesses.
4. The testimony of the earliest Christian writings.
5. The empty tomb.
6. The dramatic change that overcame the earliest disciples
7. The idea that Christianity is be founded on a momentous fraud concocted by the original Christians who, while preaching, teaching, and demonstrating love, kindness, goodness, etc., were some of the most wicked liars and deceivers in human history.
So now we come to another proof of the resurrection of Jesus Christ: The astonishingly rapid growth of the Christian Church.