Let us take a moment to pause and reflect on the implications of our story so far.
We will begin with the end in mind.
Question: What happens to a human today when they die?
Answer: They will either go to Heaven if they have a covenant (think eternal contract) with God, else they go to Hell due to having a covenant with Satan.
Why? Because all humans (both male and female) conceived with male DNA are born into a Covenant of Death with Satan. A covenant that is legally activated and binding when a person knowingly and willingly commits their first sin (i.e., their first act of rebellion against God). Therefore, all those that have knowingly and willingly committed a sin are destined for Hell unless they can be released from the Covenant of Death and replace that with a covenant of life with God.
Note: I believe those not able to choose for themselves (e.g., aborted babies, mentally challenged, etc.) (Deuteronomy 1:39. Matthew 18:1-4. Psalms 116:6) never enter into the covenant of death and go to Paradise in Heaven (1) when they die.
Why? Because Adam knowingly and willingly rebelled against God and chose to make a covenant with Satan in the Garden of Eden when he ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and this Covenant of Death was later sealed by the blood of Abel. As a consequence, all born of the DNA of Adam's seed (sperm) will inherit this Covenant of Death. Since Eve was deceived into the rebellion, the DNA in her seed (egg) was not affected, and those born of only the DNA of a female are born free from this Covenant of Death.
So, how can a person of full mental capability escape this Covenant of Death?
1. Never sin. If upon knowing the difference between right and wrong and never choosing wrong your entire life, then you will never legally receive the inheritance from the Covenant of Death. However, having been born into this Covenant of Death Satan has legal access to you to try and get you to sin (plus any legal rights inherited from sin in prior generations). Also, realize Satan has had thousands of years of practice getting humans to sin. Thinking you can live without sinning is similar to thinking you are going to outsmart a car dealership when you only have purchased a few cars in your lifetime, and they sell cars every day for a living! That is, the odds are stacked against you. In fact, only one human has ever lived without ever sinning - Jesus the Last Adam. However, He did have the advantage of not being conceived with male DNA (recall He was conceived in the virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit); therefore, not born into the Covenant of Death just like the first Adam when he was created (i.e., no generational sin rights). If you are reading this article, it is likely too late for this plan as all of us can remember having sinned at least once.
2. Accept the offer of a New Covenant with God the Father through Jesus Christ His unique Son.
Why? Jesus entered into the Death Covenant by choice to take the just punishment for human sin and took the evidence of our guilt (i.e., Adam's original sin and all subsequent sins) to a place that it will never be seen or heard from again. He then made a New Covenant with God the Father for us and sealed it with His on Blood! Therefore, if we accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior, we legally enter into His death thus freeing us from the Covenant of Death and are born again into the New Covenant! (Colossians 1:13) Do not worry - the New Covenant cannot be broken by our sinning because it has been made between God the Father and God the Son - both of whom will never sin.
3. Well, there is no other way. Just wanted to point out that I did not state following other religions or persons would save you from Hell and get you to Heaven. Many other religions try to teach you how to live near perfectly to get to Heaven. The problem is one sin is all it takes to miss Heaven and inherit Hell. So, they are not actually offering a solution to the problem but rather are keeping you from the solution! The solution must be one that undoes what Adam did in the Garden of Eden. This would require a human not born of the DNA of man (i.e., born of a virgin) who would live a sinless life, take our punishment for rebellion, die in our place entering into the Covenant of Death for us, deposit the now paid for evidence of our sin in a place it will never be seen or heard from again (i.e., the Abyss of Hell), come back to life, make an eternal New Covenant with God the Father for us with His righteous blood, and then invite us into it.
Well, Jesus is the only one (1) that accomplished that feat! So, you really only have one option - accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Hallelujah!
God’s Plan for Your Salvation
God Loves You and Offers You a Plan for Your Life
God so loved the world, He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16)
Christ came that all might have life, and might have it abundantly (John 10:10)
Man is Sinful and Separated from God
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
The wages of sin is death…. (Romans 6:23)
Jesus Christ is God’s Only Provision for Man’s Sin
God demonstrates His love for us, that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8)
In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God… The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us (John 1:1, 14)
For Christ died for our sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit (1 Peter 3:18)
To all who receive Him and believe on His Name, He gives the right to become children of God (John 1:12)
Christ died for our sins… He was buried… He was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures… He appeared to Peter, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than 500… (1 Corinthians 15:3-6)
He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification (Romans 4:25)
Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me (John 14:6)
We Must Individually Receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord”, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved (Romans 10:9-10)
Repent and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away (Acts 3:19)
Repent, turn to God, and prove their repentance by their deeds (Acts 26:20)
As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even those who believe in His Name (John 1:12)
By grace you have been saved through faith, not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of your works for we are not able to boast (Ephesians 2:8-9)
No one can see the Kingdom of God unless he born (again) of water and the (Holy) Spirit…the Spirit gives birth to the spirit (in each of us). You must be born again. The wind blows whatever way it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit (John 3:1-8)
…The gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23)
Faith is more than just believing facts about Jesus, “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that – and shudder” (James 2:19)
Surrender yourself to Jesus by giving Him control over your life. For not all who say, “Lord, Lord” will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven (Matthew 7:21)
Giving evidence that you identify with Him by publicly confessing yourself with Him (Matthew 10:32-33) and following His example in baptism and church membership (Acts 2:41)
Receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord Involves Change
Christ stands at the door and knocks, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him (Revelation 3:20)
Turn to God from self (i.e., repent)
Trust in Christ to come in our lives and forgive us our sins (i.e., exercise faith)
Accept Jesus Christ by faith as an act of the will. Embrace His plan for a new course in your life.
Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1)
Whoever has My commands and obeys them, they are the ones that love Me. He who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I too will love them and show Myself to them. (Trust in His Word by faith and do not be led by your feelings.) (John 14:21)
The Bible Promises Eternal Life to Those Who Receive Jesus as Savior
God gives us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; and, he who does not have the Son, does not have life. These things are written to those who believe in the Name of the Son of God, that you will know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:11-13)
God will not leave or forsake you but will be your Helper (Hebrews 13: 5-6)
I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you will be where I am (John 14:3)
Everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10:13)
Receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord Now Through Prayer
God knows your heart and is not concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart.
If you desired to be saved then pray a simple prayer such as:
Thank you, Jesus, for dying on the cross for me. I confess that I am a sinner in need of a Savior. I choose to repent (i.e., I choose to turn from my sins and turn towards you). I invite you now to be Lord of every area of my life:
- Lord of my mind and all my thinking, my beliefs and imagination;
- Lord of my emotions and all my reactions;
- Lord of my will and all my decisions;
- Lord of my body and all its expression;
- Lord of my family and all my relationships;
- Lord of my work, my finances, my needs and my possessions;
- Lord of my spirit and my relationship with You God.
Thank you that your blood was shed that I might be set free from the punishment due to my sin and that my name is written in the Book of Life. Come Lord Jesus, and reign in my life for all of my days. Thank you, Lord, for the promise of your Holy Spirit. Come, Lord, and fill me to overflowing, that your Spirit will empower me day by day to live for you. In Jesus Name, Amen. (2)
Lord Jesus, I need You and I open my heart to You. I accept You as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you for dying for my sins, for forgiving me, for giving me eternal life. I look to You and want to change my life so that I now do things pleasing to You. Please help me to do what You want me to. Lead me in putting away my old ways and replace them with new ways that You will show me. I believe in my heart that Jesus came and died for my sins, rose again on the third day, and provides the only way acceptable to You Father for my salvation and eternal life with You. Thank You, Jesus, for loving me.
If you prayed that prayer from your spiritual heart then - welcome to the family of God! (Acts 16:31)
Now That You’ve Received Jesus as Savior
The moment you accepted Christ as Savior, the following happened:
Christ came into your life (Revelation 3:20; Colossians 1:27)
Your sins were forgiven (Colossians 1:14)
You became a child of God (John 1:12)
Rejoice that your name is written in heaven (Luke 10:20)
You received eternal life (John 5:24)
You began the plan God has for you (John 10:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Suggestions for the New Christian
Pray daily to God (John 15:7). Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Be specific in your prayer. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just, and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)
Read God’s Word (the Bible) daily (Acts 17:11), begin with the Gospel of John.
Like newborn babies, crave spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation
(1 Peter 2:2)
Obey God moment by moment (John 14:21)
Witness for Christ by your life and words (Matthew 4:19; John 15:8)
You will be My witnesses (Acts 1:8)
Trust God for every detail of your life (1 Peter 5:7)
Allow the Holy Spirit to control and empower your daily life and witness (Galatians 5:16-17;
Assemble and fellowship with other Christians in a good church (Hebrews 10:25)
Find a church that honors God, and preaches His Word. Start this week and go regularly.
Identify with your new family by confessing Jesus publicly. Those who accepted His message were baptized…. (Acts 2:41)
May God bless and keep you in His grace and mercy for all times.
I tell you the truth, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." After he took the children in his arms, he placed his hands on them and blessed them (Mark 10:15,16 NET)
To be continued(1)...
Links to the entire series:
(1) Left click on the underlined phrase to open another article in a different tab with more explanation.
*Selah - (Hebrew) pause and give a thoughtful reflection on what has been said.
(2) Prayer by Peter Horrobin of Ellel Ministries (used with permission). http://ellel.org/