It’s been many weeks since I’ve last blogged but I’ve been in a bit of a whirlwind lately and sometimes it’s hard to focus when you’re going in circles like that.
Professionally, I’m no longer working bi-vocationally for a secular company while trying to be the children’s and family pastor of my church. The Lord has allowed me to finally go back to work full time at my church as the Associate and Family Pastor. What a blessing it has been for me and my family as I’m able finally devote my time to the things I truly love to do. It’s been absolutely crazy and wonderful at the same time.
Ministry is so cool but it comes with a lot of work. The Lord has given me some direction for 2015 and I thought I would share that in this blog. Oh and by the way, the over-arching objective is to go and make disciples through the sharing of the good news of Jesus Christ. I just wanted to clear that up before I got into strategy…
Here are my top 5 objectives for 2015:
1) Start developing a culture in the church where parents are empowered and equipped to be the primary disciple-makers in their home.
2) Build a strategic model of ministry birth to 12th grade that follows a structured and progressive plan. Creating on-ramps for each age group to advance in their knowledge of who God is, the plan He has for each child and how they can utilize their gifts to share their faith and serve the world.
3) Offer an avenue for couples to go when they would like to either improve or completely resurrect their marriage. We will be offering an ongoing enrichment program for couples both inside and outside the church to attend.
4) Connection with our church and community through monthly events that open the opportunity for church attenders to connect with other church attenders as well as invite new people.
5) Develop an internal ministry growth strategy for the ministries that I oversee that will scale with growth in our church that we expect to see this year and in the next 5 years.
I’m excited about this year and I’m excited to see what God has in store for my church. So much work to be done and so little time but hey that’s ministry.
As they say… time fly’s when you’re having fun.