Part VIII: The Lord of the Scroll – Return of the King of Kings!
In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God. Now the Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We saw his glory – the glory of the one and only, full of grace and truth, who came from the Father (John 1:1;1:14).
Satan’s audacious and diabolical plan that resulted in stealing (i.e., kidnapping) man from God through the fall in the Garden of Eden (1) was not enough to appease his evil nature (Proverbs 12:10). No, man must not only be captured but must be so brainwashed that he would see God as his enemy! Then when God mounted a rescue mission, they would run from God and cling to Satan. That is, mankind must be made to actually support, love, and even defend their abuser Satan or one of his many false gods!
Today we call the phenomenon of a victim falling in love with an abuser the “Stockholm Syndrome.” It has been found that four situations or conditions are present that serve as a foundation for the development of Stockholm Syndrome. These four situations can be found in hostage, severe abuse, and abusive relationships:
- The presence of a perceived threat to one’s physical or psychological survival and the belief that the abuser would carry out the threat. (Mankind learned that they could be killed when Cain slew Abel (Hebrews 2:14,15)).
- The presence of a perceived small kindness from the abuser to the victim (Satan taught mankind that sin could bring pleasure; however, he failed to show it lead to more bondage and ultimately death (Hebrews 11:25)).
- The perceived inability to escape the situation (There was no way for fallen mankind to free himself from the fallen situation caused by Satan (Job 9:33)).
- Isolation from perspectives other than those of the abuser (The father of lies started from the beginning painting a distorted picture of God in the minds of men and women – the message from Satan: God is your problem! (Genesis 3:1-5)).
Satan continues these strategies today, reaching their conclusion when mankind calls good evil and evil good (Isaiah 5:20). For example, today – it is acceptable to abort (kill) a human baby for any reason but not to kill a protected animal even if harm to humans could result from letting them live.
It was into this confusing world that God sent His unique Son – Jesus – who was born into a human body of flesh (1 John 4:2,3) and lived with us (John 1:14) so we could see what God was really like (John 14:9). He chose to take on the appearance of an ordinary man (Isaiah 53:2) to not elicit the fear response that Satan had conditioned into the man (Exodus 20:18). This response causes a man to run from anything that exposes their evil lifestyle (John 3:19,20). Certainly, when God manifests in His holiness and power – all things are exposed! (Hebrews 4:13) Jesus came to show us that God the Father has always been a God of Grace, Mercy, and Compassion! (Exodus 34:6,7) Satan has just so conditioned us, so kept us in the dark, that we only could see Him through a veil darkly (2 Corinthians 3:14;4:3-4). Through Satan’s veil, God appeared judgmental and scary. However, nothing could be farther from the truth! Realize, Jesus did only what God the Father wanted Him to do (John 5:19) and said only what He wanted Him to say (John 12:49,50) while walking on Earth for us to see that God does not just love – He is Love Himself! (1 John 4:8) That God is not the problem but rather the solution! (James 1:13-18)
With His mission to show us God the Father and to make a New Covenant for us completed (1 Timothy 2:5); Jesus is then revealed for who He is – our Mediator, Great High Priest of Priests (1), King of Kings and Lord of Lords! (Revelation 1:10-18). He is robed in the garment of a High Priest appearing as God was described in the Old Covenant (Ezekiel 1:27;8:2). That is, in the fiery beauty of Holiness! Furthermore, Jesus is described as having the Seven Spirits of God meaning He manifests the fullness of the Ministry of God the Holy Spirit (1) (Isaiah 11:2. John 3:34. Revelation 3:1;5:6).
The Spirit of:
- the Lord (He is the miracle-working Savior! Luke 4:18,19)
- Wisdom (He gives wisdom – that is, the ability to use knowledge James 1:5)
- Understanding (He teaches us the “why” of things Job 32:8)
- Counsel (our Great Comforter and Counselor 2 Corinthians 1:3,4.John 16:13)
- Strength (He provides supernatural strength Isaiah 40:29-31)
- Knowledge (He causes us to supernaturally know things 1 Corinthians 12:8)
- Fear of the Lord (He convicts of sin, righteousness, and judgment to lead all to a reverential submission or worship of God our Father John 16:8-11. Deuteronomy 6:13. Matthew 4:10)
While Jesus can still appear as the gentleman that walked the Earth – because He retains His body of flesh and bone – He was, is, and shall ever be the creator of all things, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and eternal – He is El Elyon (the Most High God)! (2) (Revelation 1:8. Hebrews 13:8. Genesis 14:18).
Now to the eternal king, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen. (1 Timothy 1:17 NET)
His-Story (History) Series:
- Part I: The Lord of the Scroll – Fellowship Lost!
- Part II: The Lord of the Scroll – The Two Kingdoms
- Part III: The Lord of the Scroll – The Revelation of the King!
- Part IV: The Lord of the Scroll – The Death of the King
- Part V: The Lord of the Scroll – The Re-Birth of the King!
- Part VI: The Lord of the Scroll – Salvation
- Part VII: The Lord of the Scroll – Revelation of the King’s Bride!
- Part VIII: The Lord of the Scroll – Revelation of the King of Kings!
- Part IX: The Lord of the Scroll – The Lord of Hosts
- Part X: The Lord of the Scroll – When will the King of Kings Return?
- Part XI: The Lord of the Scroll – Daniel’s 70th Week (God’s Throne Room)
- Part XII: The Lord of the Scroll – Daniel’s 70th Week (The Beginning of Birth Pains (BBP))
- Part XIII: The Lord of the Scroll – Daniel’s 70th Week (The Great Tribulation (GTrib))
- Part XIV: The Lord of the Scroll – Daniel’s 70th Week (The Day of the Lord (DOL))
- Part XV: The Lord of the Scroll – Daniel’s 70th Week (GTrib and DOL Revisited)
- Part XVI: The Lord of the Scroll – Daniel’s 70th Week (Mourning Revisited)
- Part XVII: The Lord of the Scroll – The Return of the King of Kings to Earth!
- Part XVIII The Lord of the Scroll – God has made everything fit beautifully in its appropriate time
(Security, Wholeness, Success)
Dear friend, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul. (3 John 1:2 NET)
(1) Select the link to open another article in a new tab with additional information.
(2) Rogers, A. (2017). Let’s Talk about God. In Adrian Rogers Sermon Archive (Eph 4:6). Signal Hill, CA: Rogers Family Trust.
EL ELYON (אֵל עֶלְי֔וֹן, el elyon). An Israelite name for God, translated “God Most High,” stresses his strength, sovereignty, and supremacy (Genesis 14:19,20; Psalms 9:2). It means “the strongest of the strong”, and “the highest of the high”. And that teaches us that God is not a part of this universe; God is above this universe. Now, Hinduism—and there’s a lot of Hinduism around today, and Pantheism, which is in the New Age movement—speaks of God as a part of the universe. But God is not a part of the universe. He is the transcendent God. He is above all. He is the Most High God.