After Jesus had risen from the grave (1), He entered the Most Holy Place in the Temple of Heaven as our Living Mercy Seat (1), having received a glorified body of flesh and bone in His resurrection (Luke 24:39). (2) Then He appeared, as if out of nowhere, in the locked room where the apostles had hidden for fear of the Jews (John 20:19). His glorified body can move at the speed of thought by converting from matter to energy and back at will. (3) This glorified body is what all born again shall have one day (1 Corinthians 15:48-53). A body that is immune to death, disease, and damage, etc.
Even as the Holy Spirit had left Jesus when He became sin on the cross (1), He had left the Apostles then, too. Realize, under the Old Covenant, the Holy Spirit could leave a person (Psalms 51:11.Judges 16:20.1 Samuel 16:14), but this was not to be the case under the New Covenant (John 14:16). Now Jesus breathes on the Apostles and asks them to receive the Holy Spirit back “with” them (John 14:17.John 20:22). The Holy Spirit had been “with” the original twelve Apostles (i.e., the apostles of the Lamb Revelation 21:14) from when Jesus had given them power over the enemy Satan and his cohorts (Matthew 10:8.Luke 10:19). Now He was “with” them, again. With them so that they could be prepared for what God was getting ready to do on the day of Pentecost (Job 32:8).
The Apostles and others – including Jesus’ mother Mary (1) and brothers – were gathered, seeking God in prayer. There were about 120 present (Acts 1:13-15)… the same number of priests present when the glory of God first filled King Solomon’s temple (2 Chronicles 5:12;7:2). Jesus had directed them to wait in Jerusalem until the Holy Spirit, who was again “with” the Apostles, would come “upon” them, thus empowering them for ministry (Acts 1:4,8). Jesus had also said that the Holy Spirit that was “with” them was to be “in” them (John 14:17).
Suddenly, on the day of Pentecost, God the Holy Spirit (1) came into the upper room where they were gathered in unity – unity a significant prerequisite for a group of believers to experience God’s manifest presence (Psalms 133.Matthew 18:20). God, the Holy Spirit, filled the room with His fiery presence, thus immersing them in Himself or, in other words baptizing them in Himself! (Luke 3:16. Acts 2:3) The cleansing Holy Fire of God burned out all sin from their spirits, and their spirits were born again perfect! (Ezekiel 36:26,27.Hebrews 12:23) God, the Holy Spirit, then moved “in” each now perfected spirit, thus connecting them all to God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and each other simultaneously (John 17:20-23.1 Corinthians 6:17.1 Corinthians 12:12). The Bride of Christ was born! A living temple of God indwelt by the Spirit of Christ Himself! (1 Corinthians 6:19)
The Holy Spirit then flowed from within each of them to come upon them as a mighty river of power to minister Jesus to a lost and dying world! (John 7:38,39. John 14:12) That is, God the Holy Spirit is “in” us to form Christlike character, including the fruit of the spirit (1) (Galatians 5:22,23), as we yield to Him and comes “upon” us in power to continue the ministry of Jesus on Earth through the gifts of the Spirit (1)! (Mark 16:15-20. Acts 4:29-33)
When God made the first man Adam, He saw that it was not good for him to be without a companion (Genesis 2:18). However, no animal was worthy of being called the helpmate or wife of the man (Genesis 2:20). Therefore, God put the first man Adam to sleep and, from his side, took cells and made from them a woman (Genesis 2:21-23).
Remember, God the Father had made man in the image and likeness of Himself (Genesis 1:26). If it was not good for man to be alone, then it was because it was not good for God to be alone. However, none could be found worthy of being his helper or the wife of God amongst the angels and other created beings. (Perhaps this is the position Lucifer had wanted?) Jesus, the Second Man and Last Adam (1), was put to sleep and from His side flowed water and blood (John 19:34) – signs of a birth taking place! That is, the birth of His Bride – the Church – that “delivered” on the day of Pentecost (1)!
When someone accepts Jesus as Savior and Lord, the Holy Spirit puts within them Himself – the Spirit of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9) – and it is for this reason, and this reason alone, that we are worthy to be called the Bride and later the Wife of Christ! (Revelation 21:9) That is because we have been born again from Jesus, similar to the way Eve was born from Adam. That is, nothing on our part – everything on God’s part! (Ephesians 2:8,9)
You see, the story of Jesus from the fall of man in the Garden of Eden to his redemption at the cross and to the future with man reigning with God is the most romantic story ever told! God in pursuit of His bride and laying down His life to rescue her from the enemy! (Ephesians 5:25-27. Ephesians 2:13-22)
His-Story (History) Series:
- Part I: The Lord of the Scroll – Fellowship Lost!
- Part II: The Lord of the Scroll – The Two Kingdoms
- Part III: The Lord of the Scroll – The Revelation of the King!
- Part IV: The Lord of the Scroll – The Death of the King
- Part V: The Lord of the Scroll – The Re-Birth of the King!
- Part VI: The Lord of the Scroll – Salvation
- Part VII: The Lord of the Scroll – Revelation of the King’s Bride!
- Part VIII: The Lord of the Scroll – Revelation of the King of Kings!
- Part IX: The Lord of the Scroll – The Lord of Hosts
- Part X: The Lord of the Scroll – The Scroll of Authority Revealed!
- Part XI: The Lord of the Scroll – When will the King of Kings Return?
- Part XII The Lord of the Scroll – God has made everything fit beautifully in its appropriate time
(Peace, Wholeness, Success)
Dear friend, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul. (3 John 1:2 NET)
(1) Select the link to open another article in a new tab with additional information.
(2) Not a body of flesh and blood but rather flesh and bone. Jesus’ sinless blood was poured out on Himself our Mercy Seat while on the cross ever testifying that our sin debt has been paid! So, what replaced the blood flowing through His veins? The Glory of God!
(3) E=mc^2, energy is equivalent to the mass of matter times the speed of light squared – God is light! (1 John 1:5). This is Einstein’s famous formula that describes the relationship between the mass of matter and energy as they are converted from one to the other.