Have you ever wondered how often you should share the gospel as you teach? The Gospel is the message we need to hear to be saved. It is also the message we need to hear in order to live out the confession of our faith. Let’s think about the amazing truth of the Gospel message.
What is the Gospel?
- GOD’S POWER– Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes…
- A DEMONSTARTION OF GOD’S LOVE– Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, even though we were dead in offenses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you are saved. 1 John 4:19 We love because he loved us first.
- A GIFT– Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast.
What is the Gospel message? IT IS THE MESSAGE WE NEED TO BELIEVE IN ORDER TO BE SAVED. Romans 10:9-10 because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received—that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, 1 John 4:10 In this is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.
IT IS THE MESSAGE WE NEED TO HEAR IN ORDER TO KEEP ON KEEPING ON IN OUR WALK WITH THE LORD. Colossians 1:22-23; 26-29 but now he has reconciled you by his physical body through death to present you holy, without blemish, and blameless before him—if indeed you remain in the faith, established and firm, without shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard… The mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.
The Gospel message is the power of God to save and keep us. It is the hope that helps us to bear up under the burden of trials that we face in this life. It is the power that leads us to conviction when we fall into sinful lifestyles. It is the message of peace that guards our hearts and minds when the world bombards us with its messages to make life about us and not about God. In all the truth, as we teach, the Gospel should be the heart of our message. It is the confession of our faith which we should strive to live out daily.
- Why do I seek to turn from sin? Because Christ died to set me free from it.
- Why do I love others? Because Christ loved me before I loved Him.
- Why do I forgive others? Because God has forgiven me.
Our Christian life is empowered and motivated by the Gospel. As I teach God’s Word I long to include the Gospel message at the core of every lesson.